We are a community who loves God's Word.
The Big Bend Bible Fellowship is a new community of Christians who love to discuss topics rarely addressed in traditional churches due to their controversial or prophetic nature. Traditional churches don’t study the 27-percent of the Bible that is prophecy because sensationalists, date-setters, and flawed Bible interpreters have made it controversial. But if you stick to just what the Bible actually says, a lot of amazing things can be known about our future. And the more we see the stage being set for the fulfillment of Bible prophecies, the more we get a sense of urgency to get on with whatever God is calling us to do.
The Big Bend Bible Fellowship is for mature Christians who hunger for the solid food of God’s Word, new Christians who are excited about growing in their faith, and all others who are curious about the deeper things of Christianity. So, effectively everyone is invited to participate in the Big Bend Bible Fellowship discussions regardless of their spiritual background. The group’s discussion leaders all respect the essential inerrancy of God’s Word which is necessary to delve into the meatier doctrines of the Bible.
Bible prophecy is especially relevant to the times in which we are living. There are a lot of disturbing trends in our world today but Scripture helps us make sense of them and put them in the proper perspective. The more we know about Bible prophecy, the better we can appreciate the supernatural nature of God’s Word. And that understanding is essential for effectively applying it to our lives.
The principal Big Bend Bible Fellowship discussion leader is Scott Huckaby. He became a Christian upon discovering that Bible prophecy made sense of the perplexing sudden end to the Cold War in 1991. He has served as a U.S. Army officer followed by 27 years as a Product Marketing Engineer at Texas Instruments. He has been an adult Bible study teacher since 1994, is a former director of the Sul Ross Baptist Student Ministry, and is currently a Bible study leader for college students at the First Baptist Church in Alpine.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe in a literal interpretation of the Creation story as recorded in Genesis 1-3.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of Jesus, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, and in our redemption through His shed blood.
- We believe in Jesus’ bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His imminent, personal return in the Rapture.
- We believe that regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for the salvation of lost and sinful men.
- We believe that salvation is by the grace of God through faith in the provision He made for us in Jesus Christ dying on the cross to pay our sin debt in full.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, the saved unto the resurrection of life, and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe Jesus will return to reign over this earth from Jerusalem for a thousand years, bringing peace, righteousness and justice.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.